How To Remove MyPC Backup
MyPC Backup is a Windows backup utility program developed by JustDevelopIT. It may be a Potentially Unwanted Program (PUP), as it will silently install itself onto your system without your authorization.
It is typically distributed in a bundle with other third party applications such as DeltaSearch Community Toolbar installation.
After MyPC Backup has been installed, an icon will be added to the user’s desktop triggering ads and pop-up windows prompting you to run a backup and pay for an upgrade. The techniques MyPC Backup uses to persuade people into paying for product upgrades are aggressive and considered highly invasive.
No matter how trustworthy MyPC Backup may appear, the notifications received should be treated with caution. Otherwise, you may be tricked into paying for software you don’t need and potentially end up downloading viruses that could infect your computer.
MyPC Backup UI
A pop up by MyPC Backup
If it wasn't your intention to download MyPC Backup, then we recommend removing it from the computer.
MyPC Backup Removal Instructions
Uninstall from your computer
1. Click the Start button, then select Control Panel, under Programs, click onUninstall a program.
2. Select MyPC Backup
3. Right click and select Uninstall/Change.
4. Install Ad-Aware to ensure no malicious or infected files were installed without your knowledge.
• Click here and follow the installation instructions from Ad-Aware User Guide(‘Installation and Uninstallation’ -> ‘Ad-Aware Install’ section).
• Perform a full scan of your PC with Ad-Aware (Follow Ad-Aware User Guide: ‘Scanning System’ -> ‘Running a scan’ section).
Finally, we highly recommend you always keep your antivirus up-to-date and perform full scans on a weekly basis. We also advise you to run custom AV scans on any application downloaded from the internet before you proceed with its installation.