At Adaware, we are building the next generation of smart monetization solutions for smart consumers. The Adaware Team is comprised of creative thinkers and international professionals with diverse backgrounds. We hire socially-conscious people with a strong work ethic and a commitment to genuinely make a difference. At Adaware, we value personal and professional development, and our employees are encouraged to challenge themselves with new projects and responsibilities. If you would like to put your career on the fast track, come to Adaware to create solutions that help computer users worldwide.
Joining a dynamic and ambitious team of tech hungry developers, you will be working in an agile environment building, maintaining, evolving and creating big data solutions.
Our team works at a fast pace on awesome products that are constantly evolving in feature technology and traffic resulting in increase volume of existing and new data to the pipelines. So we're looking for someone who can pick things up quickly. Your job will be dynamic, interesting and challenging
As a Data Engineer at Adaware, you will design, develop, document, and test big data solutions. You will work on the collecting, storing, processing, and analyzing of large (10^10) sets of data.
You are a fan of Hadoop technologies such as Apache Spark and HDFS.
The team is seeking a talented, passionate, roll-up-your-sleeves, hands-on, highly independent data engineer that will participate in:
• Implement ETL process in Apache Spark environment
• Move data around to and from amazon AWS environments
• Monitor performance and recommend/implement any necessary infrastructure
• Define data retention and access policies
• Automate data pipeline infrastructure in a Linux environment
• Design systems that are cost-aware and which provide best value
• Manage cluster and environment and related scripts/tools
• Work with developers and other infrastructure engineers to deliver complimentary solution
• Work with a skilled team of developers and architects within a group dynamic setting.
• Bring innovations and new solution to current and future challenge
You are a great fit if
• 2+ years of experience as a Data Engineer
• 2+ years of experience with production Hadoop pipelines and tools
• Experience with Scala and Spark
• 3+ years of experience working in a Linux environment
• Proficient understanding of distributed computing principles
• Practical experience with SQL and or NoSQL (MySQL|MongoDB|SQL Server|MemSQL).
• Ability to understand and troubleshoot Big Data issues at many layers of the stack
• Ability to multi-task, prioritize and estimate effort
• Experience establishing integration standards and related processes.
• Detail oriented
• Good documentation habits
• Experience with workflow management tools (Jira, GitHub Workflow)
Even better if you have
• Self-supporting (able to set up and maintain dev environment)
• Experience with AWS EMR and AirFlow
• A worshiper of TDD
• Conceptual tool experience (UML Diagramming, Flow)
• Experience with containers and container-based architectures.
• Experience with R, Python and SQL
• Experience with Machine Learning algorithms
• Experience with Apache Spark Dataframes|Datasets
• Experience working in an Agile environment
• Bilingual Preferred (French & English)
Employees at Adaware enjoy a full range of benefits, such as:
• 3 weeks of vacation plus 1 week at Christmas
• Health insurance with dental
• Life insurance
• Subsidized public transportation card
• RRSP contribution match program
• Bagels and coffee
• Gym membership subsidy
• Several Employee-run clubs and groups
• Freedom of workstation (Windows, Linux, Mac – Laptop or Workstation)
• Work-training programs to comp conferences and workshops
• Free parking
Please fill in your information below and don't forget to attach your resume.