Front end Specialist
At Adaware, we are building the next generation of smart monetization solutions for smart consumers.
The Adaware Team is comprised of creative thinkers and international professionals with diverse backgrounds. We hire socially-conscious people with a strong work ethic and a commitment to genuinely make a difference. At Adaware, we value personal and professional development, and our employees are encouraged to challenge themselves with new projects and responsibilities. If you would like to put your career on the fast track, come to Adaware to create solutions that help computer users worldwide.
This is the ideal position for individual to build great end-user experiences using a broad set of technologies. This is a new position to compliment our existing Applications team. The ideal candidate is a sharp, motivated, self-starter developer with experience of front-end development. As a member of Applications team, you will work on providing cutting edge user interface experience for Adaware’s large end-user base. You will work on projects like web applications, widgets and browser plugins. There are always opportunities to switch projects as you and our fast-paced business grow and evolve. Our technology stack is rich, and there are endless opportunities for growth and learning.
If you have
• Understanding of cross-browser compatibility/responsive designing, general web functions and standards.
• Learn and share new technology as per business needs
• Maintain ownership of assigned projects and modules
• Look for new ways to improve our product and implement A/B tests
• Work in a team environment to build mock-ups and prototypes, establish and create style guidelines and style guide documents as project deliverables.
• Analyze and resolve technical problems to implement features in existing products
• Help define/clarify user requirements/stories, designs, estimates and work plans.
• Follow Agile methodology with active participation in sprint planning, sprint review and daily stand-up meetings
• 2+ years of experience with AngularJS, ReactJS, Bootstrap.
• Must be detail oriented
• Must be strong with user-interface and information architecture principles
• Solid knowledge of web browser and its ecosystem
• Good understanding of asynchronous request handling, partial page updates and AJAX
• Proficient understanding of code versioning tools such as Git, SVN, TFS
• Strong communication and conflict resolution skills.
• 1+ years of experience with PHP
• 1+ years of experience with NodeJS
• CMS experience (Drupal is preferable)
• CSS preprocessors like Sass and LESS
• Experience with Issue tracking tool such as Jira
- 3 weeks of vacation plus 1 week at Christmas
- Health insurance with dental
- Life insurance
- Subsidized public transportation card
- RRSP contribution match program
- Bagels and coffee
- Gym membership subsidy
- Several Employee-run clubs and groups
- Freedom of workstation (Windows, Linux, Mac – Laptop or Workstation)
- Work-training programs to comp conferences and workshops
- Free parking
Please fill in your information below and don't forget to attach your resume.