Software Engineer / Web Services
At Adaware, we are building the next generation of smart monetization solutions for smart consumers. The Adaware Team is comprised of creative thinkers and international professionals with diverse backgrounds. We hire socially-conscious people with a strong work ethic and a commitment to genuinely make a difference. At Adaware, we value personal and professional development, and our employees are encouraged to challenge themselves with new projects and responsibilities. If you would like to put your career on the fast track, come to Adaware to create solutions that help computer users worldwide.
Joining a dynamic and ambitious team of tech hungry developers, you will be working in an agile environment building, maintaining and evolving a multitude of web services in a high availability environment where every milliseconds count.
Our team works at a fast pace on awesome products that are constantly evolving in feature technology and traffic. So we're looking for someone who can pick things up quickly. Your job will be dynamic, interesting and challenging
The Service team is seeking a talented, passionate, roll-up-your-sleeves, hands-on, highly independent developer that will participate in:
● Building high performance microservices.
● Maintain current implementations in a high availability environment.
● Master the art of working with different projects, teams and technologies.
● Work with a skilled team of developers and architects within a group dynamic setting.
● Bring innovations and new solution to current and future challenge
You are a great fit if:
● 5+ years of experience as a back-end developer (any language)
● Hands-on, demonstrable knowledge of:
● Server-side programming (Node|Python|.NET|.NETCORE)
● Continuous Deployment (build systems|deployments tools)
● Practical experience with SQL and or NoSQL (MySQL|MongoDB|SQL Server|MemSQL).
● Self-supporting (able to set up and maintain dev environment| docker-compose files)
● Experience establishing integration standards and related processes.
● Good understanding of Linux environment.
● Detail oriented
● Good documentation habits
● Experience with workflow management tools (Jira, GitHub Workflow, TFS)
Even better if you have:
● Security conscious development, experience working with pen testing and security auditing.
● A worshiper of TDD
● Conceptual tool experience (UML Diagramming, Flow)
● Experience with containers and container-based architectures.
● Working knowledge of cryptographic concepts.
● Experience with other languages C++, Go, Scala, Rust or similar.
● Experience working in an Agile environment
● Bilingual Preferred (French & English)
The position is located in Montreal.
Employees at Adaware enjoy a full range of benefits, such as:
● 3 weeks of vacation plus 1 week at Christmas
● Health insurance with dental
● Life insurance
● Subsidized public transportation card
● RRSP contribution match program
● Bagels and coffee
● Gym membership subsidy
● Several Employee-run clubs and groups
● Freedom of workstation (Windows, Linux, Mac – Laptop or Workstation)
● Work-training programs to comp conferences and workshops
● Free parking
Please fill in your information below and don't forget to attach your resume.