September 17, 2021 - Blog
How to remove Right Coupon
Right Coupon is Browser Helper Objectthat pretends it is very helpful and user-friendly during online shopping. On their website it is stated that this add-on always find the most rewarding deals coupons, discounts, and item prices as well as save more cash and time for you.
However, it seems that it's only a marketing method to make you visit specific sites and increase the number of their visitors. Once it gets inside your computer, it may hijack your browser and start display additional pop-up ads while you are visiting online stores and similar sites. The only purpose of programs like Right Coupon is making money. They generate web traffic, collect sales leads for third-parties sites, and will display advertisements and sponsored links within your web browser.
Furthermore, this add-on may track users' Internet browsing activity by recording browser names, IP addresses, computer usage history and preferences, operating systems, and other information, which may be shared with third parties.
Right Coupon is classified as potentially unwanted program (PUP) that shows pop-up ads, advertisement banners and sponsored links within Internet Explorer, Firefox and Google Chrome.
The majority of PUPs can be installed in a bundle with some freeware or shareware you want. But you don't realize that you're getting Potentially Unwanted Program in addition with it too. Usually, users are not aware they installed these browser extensions while downloading free software. That is why it is always recommended to choose Custom Installation. Be attentive and never install software that you don’t know or trust.
Also, when clicking ads generated by Right Coupon you risk to get a malware infections and since it tracks users' Internet browsing activity, it could lead to privacy issues and identity theft.
Remove with Ad-Aware
1. Click (here) to download and install Ad-Aware Free Antivirus.
2. Update the definition files.
3. Run a full scan of your computer.
4. Go to Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Programs and Features and Uninstall the Right Coupon
Manually remove plug-in related to Right Coupon from your browser
At the top of the Firefox window, click on the Firefox button (Tools menu in Windows XP), and then click Add-ons. The Add-ons Manager tab will open. In the Add-ons Manager tab, select the Extensions or Appearance panel. Select the Right Coupon. Click the Disable or Remove button. Click Restart now if it pops up. Your tabs will be saved and restored after the restart.
1. Click on Chrome menu button. Go to Tools ? Extensions.
2. Find the Right Coupon extension.
3. Press the Recycle Bin to remove it.
1. Open Internet Explorer by clicking the Start button, and then clicking Internet Explorer.
2. Click the Tools button, and then click Manage Add-ons.
3. Under Show, click Downloaded controls to display all ActiveX controls.
4. Click Right Coupon Addon, and then click More information.
5. In the More Information dialog box, click Remove. If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
6. When you are finished, click Close.
If Remove option is still unavailable, please install Autoruns. Run Autoruns as administrator. Go to Internet Explorer Tab and Uncheck Right Coupon and it will disappear from Internet Explorer Extensions.