września 17, 2021 - Blog
How To Remove Optimizer Pro By Pc Utilities Software Ltd.
Optimizer Pro (developed by PC Utilities Software Limited) is a paid PC performance optimizer program usually distributed by bundling to free software using pay-per-install marketing method.
So a user may not be aware why with every PC start a small window will annoy him with warning notifications showing total number of items the program wants to clean up on your PC. This window is launched without user’s approval with the help of the following process - c:\program files(x86)\optimizer pro\optprolauncher.exe:
Here are some other facts about Optimizer Pro:
• Its folder size in Program Files is about 34 MB; so if it is installed by chance, more than enough place will be spent on your system drive in vain;
• With every Windows startup, 2 processes launch automatically taking away your PC performance:
• Optimizer Pro has an option to clean unnecessary programs from startup to speed-up boot time. And paradoxically it offers to remove itself as well:
• If you decide to fix errors spending money on a license for Optimizer Pro, you should pay attention to additional products that are pre-selected during sign-up:
• While being on the registration page, Optimizer Pro won’t simply let you go – when you try to close the page, a message below opens reminding you about your PC being at risk, and offering 50% discount:
If you want to remove Optimizer Pro from your PC, please find below uninstallation steps.
Note. This is a self-help guide. Use it at your own risk. This article is provided "as is" and to be used for information purposes.
1. Before you start, please make sure you are logged as a system administrator. Also, please save a copy of your important documents/files on an external hard drive.
2. From your desktop, click on Windows Start button and choose Control Paneloption (Windows 8 users: right-click on ‘Windows Start’ icon (by default, it is located in the left bottom corner of your screen), and choose Control Panel from the context menu):
• Click ‘Programs and Features’ (Windows Vista, 7 and 8)/‘Add or Remove Programs’ (Windows XP).
• Find ‘Optimizer Pro v3.2’ in the list, right-click on it and choose ‘Uninstall’. When a window below opens, please make sure to uncheck box ‘Keep my settings’ before clicking on ‘Yes’:
• Restart your PC
3. Please make sure that hidden files in your Windows Explorer are visible: Start –> Control Panel (Appearance and Personalization) –> Folder Options –> ‘View’ tab –> find ‘Hidden files and folders’ and choose an option ‘Show hidden files, folders, and drives’.
4. Follow this path - C:\Users\YOUR_USER_NAME\AppData\Local\Temp (XP users: C:\Documents and Settings\test\Local Settings\Temp) -> highlight all the files/folders here -> press ‘Shift’+’Delete’ and click ‘Yes’ to completely clean this folder (Note. If you receive messages that some files cannot be removed, just skip the file in question).
5. Please find the directories below and make sure that all the Optimizer Pro files/folders are removed (you may not find some of the components, it is normal):
C:\Program Files(x86)\Optimizer Pro
C:\Users\YOUR_USER_NAME\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Optimizer Pro v3.2
6. Now please remove Optimizer Pro traces from your registry. Before you start, please make sure you understand how important this part of your PC is. You cannot restore data from here once you delete something (‘Ctrl+Z’ never works in Registry Editor). And if you delete an incorrect component by mistake, it may damage your OS and make it unusable.
• To open the Registry, press ‘Win+R’ keys on your keyboard -> in the opened window type regedit and press ‘Enter’.
• Highlight main registry section called ‘Computer’ -> press Ctrl+F keys on your keyboard -> make sure Keys, Values, Data boxes in the ‘Find’ window are checked -> type Optimizer Pro in the search field and click OK. Search results will highlight a key/value/data that contains Optimizer Pro components. If you find the exact match with the name of the program you want to remove, right click on the element in question and choose ‘Delete’ from the context menu. If it’s a value/data, right click on the value and choose ‘Modify’, then highlight harmful data and press ‘Delete’ key on your keyboard.
• Use F3 key to continue the search and to find all the necessary files.
• Exit the registry editor.
7. Finally, please install adaware antivirus to make sure you don’t have any infections on your machine:
• Click here to download adaware antivirus, and follow installation instructions from adaware antivirus User Guide (‘Installation and Uninstallation’ -> ‘adaware antivirus Install’ section).
• Perform a full scan of your PC with adaware antivirus (following adaware antivirus User guide: ‘Scanning System’ -> ‘Running a scan’ section).
• Restart your PC.
Lastly, it is recommended to always keep your antivirus program up-to-date with a real-time protection turned on, and perform weekly full scans to stay protected at all times.