Create a rescue USB
The Rescue USB drive allows you to install adaware antivirus on an infected computer through its USB port. This step requires a second, functional computer to create a rescue USB key.
First step: Create a Rescue USB key
Insert a USB key into a second, functional computer.
Download adaware ISO to your desktop.
Download Rufus to your desktop.
On your desktop, double click the Rufus program to start it.
Select your USB key.
Select MBR partition scheme for BIOS or UEFI computers.
Select NTFS as the file system.
Click on the hard disk/CD icon and select the adaware.iso file from your desktop.
Click Start and click OK on the warning to format the USB key.
Click Close when the formatting process has ended.
Make sure the infected machine is switched off. Plug the USB key into the infected machine and turn it on.
Second step: Use your Rescue USB key
A – Boot the BIOS on your computer
1. Get ready to act quickly: You need to start the computer and press a key on the keyboard before the BIOS hands over control to Windows. You have only a few seconds to perform this step.
2. Boot (or restart) the PC: Pay close attention to the first screen that appears. Look for a message that indicates which key you need to press in order to access the BIOS. That key is likely to be:
- A Function key (such as F1, F2, or F3)
- The Esc key
- The Delete key
On this PC, you'd press F2 to enter the BIOS setup menu.
On some PCs, entering the BIOS may require pressing another key or a combination of keys. Keep your eyes open for an on-screen message that says something like:
- 'Press F1 to enter setup'
- 'BIOS settings: Esc'
- 'Setup = Del'
- 'System configuration: F2'
If you don't catch it the first time, simply try again. Alternately, consult your computer's user manual to find out which key to press to enter the BIOS.
3. When you know the right key, start the computer again and press the key when the first screen pops up: You may hear a confirmation beep or see a new message. If you timed it correctly, you'll be in the BIOS within a few seconds.
B – Change the Boot Sequence of your computer
Once BIOS is booted, you would see the following screen:
Use the Right and Left arrows on your keyboard to switch between tabs. Go to the Boot tab:
Use the Up and Down arrows on your keyboard to switch between available menus.
To select the USB Key Rescue Key, go to the Removable Devices menu. Use + to move Removable Devices to the first position. Press F10 on your keyboard to save configurations, exit and click Enter:
C - Scan from the CD or USB Key you made
Restart the computer and you should see this. Press any key on your keyboard to access the CD or Removable Device (USB Key).
Once the files from the CD or USB Key are loaded, you will see the following:
Select the option you want.