The Parental Control feature (available in Total version only) is a good web filtering for parents looking to protect their kids from inappropriate or adult websites at home by setting content restrictions.
To enable the Parental Control feature, proceed through the steps listed below:
1. On the left navigation menu, select the Web Protection option.
2. On the Web Protection dialog, click the slider under the Parental Control block.
By default, the Parental Control feature is disabled. Single click the slider to switch between two positions. The green color stands for Enabled, which means that the Parental Control feature is active. The grey color represents the Disabled status, i.e. the feature is deactivated.
To get access to the advanced configuration options of the Parental Control feature, click the Advanced Settings link.
PARENTAL CONTROL ADVANCED SETTINGS
On the Parental Control Settings screen, use the drop-down combo box to select a Predefined Set to block specific content.
To customize a set, proceed through the steps listed below:
- In the drop-down combo box, select the set you want to customize.
- In the Parental Control Settings dialog, select a set and click the Edit link.
- With the Parental Control Sets dialog, modify the selected set and/or create your own exclusion list to allow a specific web site, if a category it belongs to is blocked.
If you try to access blocked content on a computer with active Parental Control filtering, you will get a similar page below. It means the Parental Control feature is working perfectly.